Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Four

Twelve inches of snow, wind gusting and it is a perfect day for a writer to sit with a cup of java, in her pjs and write her little heart out. That is my plan for today. Yesterday the writing life took a different turn than the one I had planned and I ended up playing with my new laptop which by the way is the best I have ever owned. This is all thanks to some very dear friends that I already owe so much to for introducing me to my muse.

All the excuses are gone. I have none left other than fear of success. How odd it is that I don't write because of fear of failure. In my mind I don't have to write to show you that I'll fail all I have to do is not write and I will show you that I know how to fail. That is twisted logic, yet it is how I have lived consciously and unconsciously until this week.

Life is falling into place with every opportunity I take to walk through the fear I have about living life on life's terms. For decades I made the choice to live in fear, but as I have grown more willing to admit that what I have been thinking and doing wasn’t getting me anywhere I have had the amazing experience of loving, gentle, kind, caring, funny people enter my life. Each one supports, loves, believes in me and demonstrates a certain level of wanting for me in their life that I could never have imagined I would experience in this fear-filled life I live.

The fear of whether to write or not to write is a choice I make every day. My muse gives me the strength and courage to fight off the fear that is wrapped around me like a pall and I follow her lead. She is an amazing woman filled with courage and strength battling her own demons, yet there is this gentleness and passion for living that is just who she is. So freely she gives of herself  to others. On a daily bases she is teaching me how to make the choices necessary to be successful and how to live a successful life. She leads by example. The way she expresses her purpose in life is in the way she cares for herself. She teaches me so much and brings to light how many ways I settle for less than what I have earned.

That is her success and whether she knows it or not she is teaching me to be successful in living my purpose in this life thus my friends the blog. She inspired me to create this blog for myself after years of wanting to. On a quiet Sunday morning with just the two of us talking about our purpose I turned to the laptop and just set us both up to blog. I wouldn’t have done it for myself, but I did it for her making it ok to do it for me. A regimented mind dumping that focuses me on my writing tasks at hand one day at a time; this is what I have needed all my life, but could never do it because I was afraid. My muse teaches me the process of learning how to be successful one day at a time...what a journey we are on!!

Ok, plan for today is to dig through the old emails and find my writing from this summer. I am curious to reread my life as I lived it in paragraphs sent to myself through email on my Smartphone. How smart was I, I ask :) Well, we are about to find out. What is my plan for the day: dig through my emails and gather up my writing, put on the calendar editor hat and then write How-tos until I can't see to type any longer. So I guess I have a full day ahead.

Have a good day everyone!! I am off to live this writer's life...........

No comments:

Post a Comment