Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day One

Well, nine days into the New Year and this is my first gratitude entry for the year. Amazing how fast time flies and how I can convince myself that if I don't stay true to a project it is ok to wait to try again next year. That is what happened about the project I have in mind to write what I am grateful for everyday for one year. Last year I let the month of January go by without writing down a single thing I was grateful for. This year has started the same way, but what is different is a beautiful woman in my life. She is my muse; she motivates me to write. So even though the first week of January is over and I am almost three days into the second week I am going to write what I am grateful for today and commit to writing daily about the gratitude that lives and breathes inside of me.

Today I am grateful that God gave me a gift and a passion for looking at the world and recognizing the true meaning of life. For me the true meaning of life is to live as God wants me to live without fear filled with courage. Ah, but there is the rub...I am filled with fear and I'm not all that courageous. I am not afraid of failure because I know what to do with failure. My fear is fear of success. I don't know what to do with success, but my muse has come and she is teaching me what to do with my successes. She is teaching me to be comfortable with them. She teaches me to look for opportunities and to strive for success. She motivates me to be the person I was always meant to be. I'm growing into the life I was always meant to have. I found my muse. The writing possibilities are endless. I am free today because I put the action of writing into motion...it is that simple...just do it....WRITE!!!!!

And so I have. I wrote for me today.....

1 comment:

  1. I love it-especially when you say "just do it-WRITE". I have to do that when I'm standing on top of a steep ski trail. I say to myself "just SKI it". You're right, it's that simple.

    ReplyDelete