Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day Eighteen

"I will try to keep my life calm and unruffled. This is my great task, to find peace and acquire serenity. I must not harbor disturbing thoughts. No matter what fears, worries and resentments I may have, I must try to think of constructive things, until calmness comes. Only when I am calm can I act as a channel for God's spirit. I pray that I may build up instead of tearing down. I pray that I may be constructive and not destructive."
At a meeting this morning the speaker said that today I strive to not hurt those I love and that is the right way to live and it requires action. When I shared I added that yes we can strive to not hurt those we love, but first on the list I have to love myself and not hurt me.

Today I know I have choices. I don't have to hurt anyone so I can be understood because it isn't important that I be understood. What's important is that I try to understand others. I made a choice tonight to be constructive and not destructive. I made an unnatural choice and I'm going to bed knowing tomorrow is going to be different. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment